Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Might Be Time to Expand This Simple Life

For Sure!    I started this blog and then left it, and now that we (my husband and myself) are older, living a quieter life, watching as so much is changing around us that our old rules don't seem to apply as much to living life any more.   So moving on then, I think I want this blog to talk about things that interest me now, gardening, oil painting, crafting, crocheting, spirituality, life in our home.  Sounds boring, right?  It is a bit, we have become old folks, although the people we meet and hang with see us as still youngsters, we know we are not.

Since last posting much has changed in our lives.  Health, now I have diabetes 2, worked through the past year with it, and hope I have the numbers at least in control now.  My mother passed almost 2 years ago, complications from diabetes, cancer of the bile and liver, called cholangiocarcinoma.    I grieved the loss of her for over a year, we moved from one city to another and I remained in our home as a kind of Sanctuary, not wanting to go out much, meet people much, settle into our new town.  It is better now, I am getting out, have discipline of managing my own diabetes 2 which is a daily regiment requiring constant attention as to eating, and exercise.  I have an amazingly, supportive and wonderful husband who does the exercise with me, and reminds me about glucose monitor (what we call Stick It time), as well as when I fall into weakness for foods no longer on my 'safe' list. 

Loss of children and grandchildren.  I considered it losses, however, I think I am coming around, learning they have lives, they are busy with their lives, don't have as much need of my mothering or grandmothering these days.  Might be time for my husband and I to look at building families in different arenas.  Although we both miss our grown children and grandchildren intensely, it seems we have reached an era in our lives of needing to step back and give over the living of life to our children and their parents. 

So with that brevity of explanation, getting on with this blog now, as we go about living the simpler life,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time out of your busy life to leave me a comment.